Hi everyone, as you may know- I already do have a Beef Stew recipe on here but last week I did it a little differently and wanted to share this delicious variation because my husband and I agree- it was the best ever!
Beef Stew is one of those cozy winter meals that is perfect for the weekend or a snow day. In our case, it was a snow day and it was so exciting to just throw this together in my slow cooker and leave it cooking all day while we relaxed and watched movies. Whether you are staying in and want an easy meal, or want to throw something together before you go out and have something delicious waiting for you, this is a must-try!
What are your favorite Winter meals?
Best Ever Slow-Cooker Beef Stew
Cook time: 6 hours
- 3 lbs cubed chuck roast
- 3 large carrots, cut into disks
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 head of garlic with the top cut off so the cloves are exposed
- 2 large stalks of celery
- Fresh Rosemary, Fresh Thyme, Fresh Sage (.5 oz – you may be able to find this listed as Poultry Blend in your grocery store)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- For after cooking:
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1-2 tbsp corn starch
1. Use a meat mallet to tenderize the beef, then add to slow cooker.
2. Chop/slice veggies (celery, onion, carrots) and add into the slow cooker.
3. Add head of garlic with the top cut off into the slow cooker.
4. Chop sage and then add the chopped sage, rosemary (whole) and thyme (whole) into the slow cooker. I prefer a LOT of herbs but you can add in what feels right to you. I bought the .5 oz poultry blend mixed herbs in my grocery store and found that amount to be perfect.
5. Add all liquids EXCEPT the pomegranate molasses.
6. Cook on high for 6 hours. Then, take out the whole garlic and stems from the herbs. Squeeze the garlic out of the head and mix back into the broth.
7. Add in the pomegranate molasses and stir. Add in the corn starch with a whisk and let sit in the slow cooker for 5 minutes. Less is more- you can always add a little more if you want it thicker. Start with 1 tbsp and see if that’s how thick you want it.
8. Serve on its own or over mashed potatoes (my favorite!)
One thought on “Best Ever Slow Cooker Beef Stew”