At my house, we have been devouring our peach-blueberry cobblers. We have made them at least once a week for the past few weeks. My husband and I ate one in two days this week, which led to a problem when my dad came over to help put in some new flooring- I was out of dessert!
Obviously I had to figure out something. I was scrolling through Instagram and a galette popped up, but of course I didn’t have all the right ingredients for that version’s crust, which led to an epic search of every gluten free and dairy free pie crust recipe I could find. I finally found one at Gluten-Free Palate (https://www.glutenfreepalate.com/gluten-free-pie-crust/) and I had all of the ingredients. Even better, my gluten-free flour (Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 mix) had xanthan gum so I could skip that ingredient.
I then searched my fridge and found a peach, lots of fresh strawberries, and blueberries. I had my inside mixture and decided to give it a go. Fam, this turned out great. My husband and dad loved it. My husband said it was one of his “favorite” desserts I have ever made, and asked that it enter our rotation of summer desserts. Best of all, it was ridiculously easy and I didn’t have to worry about if my crust looked messy. As my dad called it, it looked “rustic”. Definitely try this one out! (As I’m writing this my husband said the world is “blessed” to have this recipe haha)
Summer Fruit Galette
- Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Pie Crust (I used this recipe from The Gluten-Free Palate https://www.glutenfreepalate.com/gluten-free-pie-crust/ I made the entire recipe and used Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks and Oatly Oat Milk to make my crust)
- 1 peach
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 10 large strawberries
- 6 tbsp cane sugar for filling, extra for sprinkling (I used Sugar in the Raw)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional Dairy-Free whipped cream for topping, I use Coco Whip by So Delicious
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make gluten & dairy-free pie crust.
- Roll the pie crust out on a big piece of parchment paper into a large circle. Make sure to put a piece of parchment paper under the crust and over the crust. Once it’s rolled out, remove the top sheet but leave the bottom parchment paper. You want the crust to be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Slice peach very thin and arrange in a flat circle in the middle of the rolled out pie crust. You want it to cover the middle section with about 4-6 inches of space on the edges of the crust.
- Slice strawberries very thin.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the strawberries, blueberries, cane sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Pour mixture into the center of the pie crust. Use a spoon to spread it around, leaving those same 4-6 inches untouched. Then, fold over the remaining crust. It should fold over covering most of the middle, but with some middle exposed. You can pat down the edges of the crust so it sticks together.
- Using the parchment paper, lift the galette onto a baking sheet. It should now fit on the sheet. Sprinkle a little more cane sugar onto the edges of the galette. Pat it in for it to stick.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden and the middle is oozing juices.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for about 1 hour, then cut into slices to serve with your dairy-free whipped cream (or ice-cream)! Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Summer Fruit Galette”
Thank you!!! 🙂