I’m beginning to come to terms with the fact that 90% of what I bake is muffins. I can’t get over how easy and quick they are, and they are incredibly diverse! I have not yet found a bad combination for muffins and the proportions just work. It makes me super happy, and I will not be stopping anytime soon. This time, my sister-in-law said “muffins” as we discussed easy foods to eat after I have my baby and I realized I had two brown bananas sitting on the counter just begging to be turned into banana walnut muffins.
So, here we have it… Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Banana Walnut muffins! Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Banana Walnut Muffins
Makes 12 full-sized muffins and 12 mini-muffins
- 1 3/4 cups of King Arthur Flour Measure for Measure Gluten-Free Flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 whole large eggs OR 2 flax eggs for vegan muffins (2 tbsp flax seed meal, 6 tbsp warm water – mix and sit for 5 mins)
- 3/4 cup oat milk (or dairy-free milk of choice, almond milk also works nicely)
- 1/2 cup melted dairy-free butter (like EarthBalance vegan butter sticks)
- 2 mashed brown bananas
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tins (large and mini) with cooking spray or fill with cupcake liners.
- Combine melted dairy-free butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs (or flax eggs) in a stand mixer and beat until creamy.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon) in a bowl. Then add slowly into the wet ingredients in your stand mixer until mixed thoroughly.
- Add in walnuts slowly. Mix thoroughly.
- Use a spoon to divide the muffin mix into your muffin tray and mini-muffin tray, filling almost to the top.
- Bake the mini-muffins for 12 minutes and the full-sized muffins for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Banana Walnut Muffins”
I have some friends who are coming over for coffee who are gluten free. This should work out great.
I’m so glad to hear this will be helpful for you! I’d love to know what you all think after trying them! If they eat dairy, regular butter or milk would also work well in here. Enjoy!
LikeLiked by 1 person